Aldi scales explode into shards of glass when woman went to weigh herself

Richard Hartley-Parkinson
Scales that Paula Richards bought from Aldi in Atherstone, Warkickshire. Paula Richards a cancer sufferer had a lucky escape when she went to weigh herself on a new set of scales from Aldi ñ and they EXPLODED. See News Team story NTISCALES; Paula Richards said she barely touched the machine when it shattered, sending glass shards flying across her bathroom. Shocking pictures show the item, bought from Aldi in Atherstone, Warks., completely smashed with tiny slivers littering the floor. Miraculously, the razor-sharp fragments missed Paula by inches and she escaped without major injury on December 20. Paula, of Atherstone, said: "They're kept out the way and on that morning I went to pick them up to move them so I could weigh myself and they just exploded.
Shards of glass went flying (Picture: SWNS)
A woman had a lucky escape when she went to weigh herself on a new set of scales from Aldi and they exploded.
Paula Richards said she barely touched the machine when it shattered, sending glass shards flying across her bathroom.
Shocking pictures show the item, bought from Aldi in Atherstone, Warwickshire, completely smashed with tiny slivers littering the floor.
Miraculously, the razor-sharp fragments missed Paula by inches and she escaped without major injury on December 20.
Paula, from Atherstone, said: ‘They’re kept out the way and on that morning I went to pick them up to move them so I could weigh myself and they just exploded.
Paula Richards a cancer sufferer had a lucky escape when she went to weigh herself on a new set of scales from Aldi ñ and they EXPLODED. See News Team story NTISCALES; Paula Richards said she barely touched the machine when it shattered, sending glass shards flying across her bathroom. Shocking pictures show the item, bought from Aldi in Atherstone, Warks., completely smashed with tiny slivers littering the floor. Miraculously, the razor-sharp fragments missed Paula by inches and she escaped without major injury on December 20. Paula, of Atherstone, said: "They're kept out the way and on that morning I went to pick them up to move them so I could weigh myself and they just exploded.
Paula Richards said they exploded when she moved them to weigh herself (Picture: News Team International)
‘I was very shocked and glad it hadn’t happened when I stood on them else they could have cut me.
‘If they’re faulty they need recalling and if anyone has any they need to be very cautious as potentially dangerous.
‘I put them on the Atherstone forum site to warn others and the area manager Tom contacted me straight away.
‘He’s arranged to collect them from me and forward them to be investigated and give me a full refund.’
Area manager Tom Myatt took flowers and a bottle of wine to Mrs Richards when he picked up the scales. He told her he will keep her up to date with the investigation into the issue.
Aldi said: ‘We are sorry to hear about Ms Richards’ experience with this product and have offered her a full refund.
‘We have not received any other complaints about this product but have passed her feedback onto our supplier to investigate how such damage could have occurred.’
Aldi scales explode into shards of glass when woman went to weigh herself Reviewed by Bizpodia on 20:14 Rating: 5

No comments:

Bizpodia © All Rights Reserved!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.