Breaking News

Student’s eyelids glued shut after fixing false eyelashes

A student claims she was unable to see for two hours after her eyelids were glued shut when she had false lashes put on.

Megan Rixson urged her social media followers to be “very, very careful” where they get their eyelashes done.

According to Mirror, the criminology student at the University of Bedfordshire posted a video to her Twitter account showing the damage that the glue had done to her eyes at the time.

Megan, 20, got her “treatment” last Friday at a shop in Luton, Beds, the name of which she says she cannot remember.

She captioned the video: “Girls be very very careful where you get your eyelashes done!

“I got my individuals done today somewhere new and it turns out they used nail glue on my lashes. I genuinely lost my sight for two hours. Thankfully the swelling has gone down but they are still very sore.”

In the video, Megan says the tears you can see are in fact not because she is upset but because her eyes are constantly watering as a result of the botched treatment.

She points to her right eye and says that it is “on fire” and then reveals her left eye is struggling to fully open. Megan then says “everything is very blurry.”

The video was first posted last Friday night, and has since been viewed more than half a million times.

It has also received over 1,500 retweets.

Megan said that she has received eye drops and a special eye wash to help her eyes recover.

Megan said the shop where she had the treatment did not patch test her and described them as “very unprofessional.”

Student’s eyelids glued shut after fixing false eyelashes

Join Geezgo for free. Use Geezgo's end-to-end encrypted Chat with your Closenets (friends, relatives, colleague etc) in personalized ways.>>

No comments